1. View Seeker contacts the tree owner, in writing, regarding the view obstruction;
2. Tree Owner has 60 days to respond;
3. If Tree Owner does not respond in 60 days, then the View Seeker can request, in writing to the Tree Owner, to enter into mediation;
4. The Tree Owner has 60 days to respond if wants to go to mediation;
5. If Tree Owner does not respond (within 60 days) or responds, but does not want to go to mediation, then the View Seeker may request a public hearing before the Committee on Trees and Views.
The View Seeker must present to the City all documentary evidence establishing that attempts at initial reconciliation (as described in Ordinance 354, Section 17.26.040(A)) and mediation (as described in Section 17.26.040(B)) have been made and have failed to resolve the dispute.